My name is Damon Wolfe. I write for 12-year-olds of all ages.
Why is 12 important? Because it is the best of times, and the worst of times, and throughout life, whenever we find ourselves in the best of times or the worst of times, the 12-year-old within us shows up, and helps us enjoy the moment and survive the day.
My stories combine comedy, mystery and action. Themes in my work are often built around the challenges of leaving childhood and the boldness required to grow up while helping others grow.
Like many writers I’ve developed my craftsmanship over many years while working in other fields. My resume includes:
- Executive Producer and co-founder of Stereobox, a visual effects and animation start-up company in Marin County, California, and Chennai India.
- Computer Graphics Supervisor at at Robert Zemeckis’ ImageMovers Digital, a Disney Animation Studio in Marin County, California.
- Artist and Technical Director at Wild Brain Animation Studio in San Francisco.
- Degree in Traditional and Computer Animation, Vancouver Film School.
- Artist and Graphic Designer at various start-up companies and video game studios.
Before all that I was a medical doctor; my specialty was child psychiatry. This post explains the basic how and why about my transition from physician to the world of art and entertainment.